Finnish aluminium field bottle cap. This cap fits both M/36 and M/42 field bottles.
The condition of the caps varies, they might have small scratches and wear, but they are all usable. Some of these caps have a used rubber gasket, however those might be hardened beyond being usable.
These caps might are most likely manufactured after the war. They have no stamps.
Field Bottle Instructions
For a complete M/36 field bottle, you need
How to correctly use the field bottle cap bolt set
- Put the field bottle cap gasket inside the cap
- Push the bolt through the holes on the gasket and cap from the inside of the cap
- Tighten the bolt to the cap with one nut
- Put the bolt through the rivet hole of the field bottle cover strap
- Screw the second nut on to the bolt
- Screw the end cap to the bolt as far as it goes
- Tighten the second nut back towards the end cap to hold it still
- The field bottle cover strap should be free to rotate around the bolt