Wartime embroidered branch insignia of the armoured troops.
These embroidered shoulder insignias were introduced in the 1930’s to replace painted branch insignia. The idea was that a conscript would receive a pair of these insignias and would then fold and sew these on his shoulder tabs. Often done with a sewing machine for the conscript.
These still saw limited use during the wartime in lieu of the metal insignias, as a conscript would have to buy the metal insignia with his own money. These are golden silk thread on woolen background meant for the m/36 Tunic, but were used on m/36 Summer blouses as well.
Sold as a pair.