A Reproduction of the 1940 pattern Finnish field bottle cover. This cover is meant to be used with the 1940 pattern field bottle cover strap. This type of cover and strap were used from the start of the Continuation War.
The cover is made of black wool with cowhide reinforcements. There are black eyelets for the lacing and an aluminium button for fastening the cover strap. The lace is gray cotton with black metal aglets.
Field Bottle Instructions
For a complete M/36 field bottle, you need
How to correctly use the field bottle cap bolt set
- Put the field bottle cap gasket inside the cap
- Push the bolt through the holes on the gasket and cap from the inside of the cap
- Tighten the bolt to the cap with one nut
- Put the bolt through the rivet hole of the field bottle cover strap
- Screw the second nut on to the bolt
- Screw the end cap to the bolt as far as it goes
- Tighten the second nut back towards the end cap to hold it still
- The field bottle cover strap should be free to rotate around the bolt